FOR FOOTGOLF COMPETITIONS
As the country begins to open back up the American FootGolf Federation is adopting guidelines for upcoming competitions and regular play of FootGolf at local courses.
Before participating in competitions Players
• Have no flu-like symptoms.
• Have not been in direct contact with a know case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
• Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hand) when you cough or sneeze.
• Wash hands with soap and water often.
• Use hand sanitizer gel if soap and water are not
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Wear a mask if you are off the course
Practice Social Distancing
• No caddies will be allowed for the 2020 season at any AFGL tournament. Most courses are not allowing caddies on the course.
• If playing a round outside of a tournament check
the booking instructions of the golf course as most
are only taking green fees online.
• Tournament fees must be paid online before the
tournament. No registration should be taken at the
• No shaking hands.
• Wearing a face covering may be required.
• Check in from your phone via the tournament app
with the app/URL for the tournament.
• Arrive to the tee at your allotted time, keep your
spacing distance and do not be on the tee while
another player is there.
• Ensure you keep a distance of at least 6 feet
between yourself and others.
• Scoring can be done via the BlueGolf scoring app (if the competition is an AFGL sanctioned tournament scoring will be done through the AFGL/BlueGolf app). Look for printable scorecards from the course website or tournament website.
• No more than 4 players per group and players
need to keep the 6 feet minimum distance
between them and the other players in the group.
• Some courses may require less than 4 players per
group, so follow the rules of the course.
• Do not congregate on the greens.
• Do not touch the flagpole.
• Do not handle another player's ball or ball marker.
• Players must mark their own ball.
• Players should bring their own personal water
bottles as water stations are closed at most
• If you take a cart try to only have one person per
cart and remove your personal trash from the cart
when you drop it off.
• No award ceremony, consider mailing out awards
• Leave the golf course immediately after playing to
eliminate congestion/gathering at the property or
in the parking lot.
Visiting Your Local Golf Course
• Golf courses have built in social distancing because.
of the amount of open space.
• Follow any special rules posted at the course.
• Enjoy your round and leave, don’t congregate.
• Do you know someone looking to safely get some
fresh air and exercise? Introduce them to FootGolf.