As the country begins to open back up the American FootGolf Federation is adopting guidelines for upcoming competitions and regular play of FootGolf at local courses.
Before participating in competitions Players
• Have no flu-like symptoms.
• Have not been in direct contact with a know case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
• Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hand) when you cough or sneeze.
• Wash hands with soap and water often.
• Use hand sanitizer gel if soap and water are not
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Wear a mask if you are off the course
Practice Social Distancing
• No caddies will be allowed for the 2020 season at any AFGL tournament. Most courses are not allowing caddies on the course.
• If playing a round outside of a tournament check
the booking instructions of the golf course as most
are only taking green fees online.
• Tournament fees must be paid online before the
tournament. No registration should be taken at the
• No shaking hands.
• Wearing a face covering may be required.
• Check in from your phone via the tournament app
with the app/URL for the tournament.
• Arrive to the tee at your allotted time, keep your
spacing distance and do not be on the tee while
another player is there.
• Ensure you keep a distance of at least 6 feet
between yourself and others.
• Scoring can be done via the BlueGolf scoring app (if the competition is an AFGL sanctioned tournament scoring will be done through the AFGL/BlueGolf app). Look for printable scorecards from the course website or tournament website.
• No more than 4 players per group and players
need to keep the 6 feet minimum distance
between them and the other players in the group.
• Some courses may require less than 4 players per
group, so follow the rules of the course.
• Do not congregate on the greens.
• Do not touch the flagpole.
• Do not handle another player's ball or ball marker.
• Players must mark their own ball.
• Players should bring their own personal water
bottles as water stations are closed at most
• If you take a cart try to only have one person per
cart and remove your personal trash from the cart
when you drop it off.
• No award ceremony, consider mailing out awards
• Leave the golf course immediately after playing to
eliminate congestion/gathering at the property or
in the parking lot.
Visiting Your Local Golf Course
• Golf courses have built in social distancing because.
of the amount of open space.
• Follow any special rules posted at the course.
• Enjoy your round and leave, don’t congregate.
• Do you know someone looking to safely get some
fresh air and exercise? Introduce them to FootGolf.